Chuck defines Resilience as “the ability to bounce back and recover from disappointments, setbacks and failures.”
Leadership Secret: Resilience can be developed. Challenging experiences can help strengthen our resilience.
3 Checkpoints for Building Your Resilience
- Setbacks can shake our confidence.
- The best teams maintain confidence in each other despite disappointments.
Leadership Secret: Work to build Resilience in your team before challenges.
- It is crucial for a team to have confidence in their leader during times of stress and failure.
2. Disciplined Work Routines
- Setbacks can leave teams confused and disoriented.
- Resilient teams go back to work after a setback. They trust their daily and weekly routines to empower them to overcome the challenges they are facing.
3. The Significance of Social Support
- During seasons of disappointment, the members of Resilient teams intentionally strengthen one another.
Leadership Secret: Guard against team members who might become isolated. We need each other!
“Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest steppingstones to success.” – Dale Carnegie